Paint Color Advice for Black and White Kitchen

What color of paint should I use in my kitchen that has black countertops and white cabinets? I have a little wood at the top of my cabinets all the way around the kitchen and a little half wall, and was wondering how red would look to put some color in there, and what color of red? Any other color you think would look good? Thank you.

By Penny

Answers:

I love the combination of black, white, and red. Other choices I'd like would be bright yellow or a medium gray. I do not like blue in the kitchen, for some reason. (01/23/2011)

By OliveOyl

Get some paint cards at the paint store and bring home and lay against the wall close to the cabinets and countertop. Compare shades and see what you think looks best. If you have stainless steel appliances then I would stay away from gray as that would be too much neutral and you need something to make it pop. Red would be my choice, but I also like to consider the flooring, too. If there's a color in the floor that looks great with the black and white, I have the tendency to pull a color from the floor if it already compliments the black/white room and put it on the wall so everything comes together especially if there's minimum painting. You may not like the coloring of the floor to be on the wall if it's a black or white, but something colorful is the way to go. (01/23/2011)

By Lorelei