Parakeet/Budgie Photos

Category Other
Parakeet/Budgies
Pet birds are often very colorful and fun to photograph. This is a guide about parakeet/budgie photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Bing is a three year old Budgie. Initially, I bought Bing as a birthday gift for my husband. Bing was in a bin with close to 50 other birds and it took two employees and a fishing net to catch him.

He loves to sing. The only time he's NOT singing is when he's sleeping. And even then, he occasionally wakes up, sings a couple notes and falls right back to sleep. And millet. He loves to eat millet.

I'd never owned a bird before, knew nothing about them and, quite frankly, he frightened me a bit. It took me close to 5 months to hand-train Bing. Something that usually can't be done at all with Budgies born and sold in pet stores. But I sat by his cage every day, 20 minutes here, 20 minutes there and spoke to him. Initially baby-talk but after about three weeks, I found myself spilling my guts! To a bird!

Little by little he came closer. The day he climbed into my hand was the day a valuable life-lesson was learned. Patience and the ability to over-come fear. I'm really glad I made those employees get that fish net.

By April from Albany, GA

budgie on cage

Comment Like this photo? 9

Perry is a male blue parakeet or budgie. He is three years old. We got him as an adult. We bought the right to adopt Perry at the pet store in our town. We love birds, and always try to have one. They are so funny and adorable even if they never do "tricks".

Everyday, I play him a several talking parakeet tapes from YouTube, which he likes and listens to. He also kisses his friend Tiger, the cat, each morning numerous times. As a matter of fact, for some reason this bird has bonded to the cat more than to me. But that is OK it makes for hilarious watching.

Perry calls the cat over by sitting on the side of the cage and waits. Soon Tiger will come over and look. Then Perry the bird will fluff up his chin feathers. At this point, Tiger will either kiss the bird ,by putting his nose to the cage where the bird will softly groom his nose for him, or else he will softly put a paw towards the cage, at which point Perry will scold him until he puts his nose up to the cage for a kiss. They did this on their own. I still watch them like hawks. LOL. When Perry kisses the cat's nose, I whisper "Good Boy" softly and then they go about their business until it is time to kiss each other on the noses again. LOL

I have the cage close to me at all times on the laptop table which is where the cat naps all the time. They are sharing a living area so they are really close. Perry is so adorable but he likes to be left alone. I have to take him out to groom his nails and he is so mad when I do. He wont come to the front of the cage for a couple of hours after I have to take him out. LOL He is a sweet boy, I think he might have been treated roughly at the store he was at. He shows signs of not liking humans a lot, so I am glad he is friends with the animals and his mirrors. He likes to hear me typing on the laptop, he rubs his head on the mirror with joy when I am on the computer.

I am considering getting another bird, but would be heartbroken if Perry doesnt like him or her. He seems to be an only child type and likes to just hang out alone. I am still debating on getting another playmate for him.

Perry is a wonderful young man, no matter what his abilities are. Since I have been playing the bird tape sometimes two or three at a time to him), he seems to be happy. So maybe that is a sign he wants another friend!

By Robyn Fed

Comment Like this photo? 13

Violet is a parakeet. She is young, not sure, less than a year. I got her at Petsmart on July 12, 2008.

She likes to look out the window and watch what is going on outside, and sing and fly around.

I'm looking for tips on best way to get her finger trained. We have several books, but would like to get additional tips from experienced parakeet owners.

By Mary Lou from MD

Violet on the window sill.

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
BlueBoy is our little "rescue" bird, that we took in from our neighbor, who just couldn't care for him anymore, due to her poor health. He has brought much joy to our house!

Photo Location
Trexlertown, PA

Comment Like this photo? 4

The Kook is a 6 year old Budgie. I got her at a pet store in Glenwood Springs, Colorado and we have been best friends ever since.

She enjoys throwing all of her toys off of her cage, along with her food. Then laughs when I have to pick them all up.

She has about 30 different names. Swahili, Korean, Hawaiian, Mexican, etc. She has a distinct personality that's for sure!

By Lolo

Comment Like this photo? 3

This picture is of Daisy. She is helping the teachers ring in the first day of school!

Daisy Ringing School Bell

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Polly came from a local pet store, and Nemo came from Walmart, because he looked like he needed a better place to live. I wish I could take them all in.

Polly (Parakeet) and Nemo (Betta)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Violet is 8 months old and a parakeet. My daughter got her for my husband's birthday.

Closeup of Violet.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Robbie is 2 and is a Budgie. Actually it's my grandma's and I'm submitting it for her. Robbie likes to talk.

bird on couch

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Tito, is on the top, Katie is hanging on the side, Billy and Bobby (handicapped) inside. They are all Parakeets and are rescue pets. All less than 3 years old. Isn't that sad? Thrown away so young. I got them at different times over the last few years.

Billy & Bobby (Parakeets)

Comment Like this photo? Yes