Protecting Work Surface When Crafting

I like to reuse plastic lids as paint palettes, and even as crafting surfaces. By "crafting surfaces", I mean things like: resting/drying spot for newly painted small objects, or a "palette" for small amount of craft glue or Mod Podge, and so on.

The lids are easy to clean.

More Solutions

I use the cereal box liners as a protective surface when children are painting or gluing. Open the bag up on the seam so that you have a good size surface.

Does your glue gun make a mess on your work surface? I wash up the plastic sheet that comes under a pound of bacon and I place it under my glue gun and the drips will peel right off and your work surface will stay clean!

Protect your work table from heat damage with large ceramic tiles. When I'm soldering or using my heat gun, I use a 12 or 18 inch ceramic tile to help protect my work surface from the heat. These large ceramic tiles are resistant to heat, and can be found for under $2 at any Home Depot or hardware store in the flooring area.

5 Questions

I am working on a project that requires pouring lots of clear glue. The project then lays flat until the glue dries. What disposable material can I lay under the project to protect my table, but that won't stick to the project like paper. The project is not washable. The glue could dissolve plastic, like plastic wrap. Please help. I don't want my project stuck to a surface or bits of material stuck to my project. I'm using clear Gorilla glue and real candy canes.

Answers

Best Answer

Hmm....how about a used (but clean) shower curtain for the bottom layer, and place a old terry towel on top of it.

This way the shower curtain won't melt, but the table will be protected from "leakage".

Post pictures of your finished product! Sounds neat-o!

Best Answer

If you are using any type of glue the best way to protect your surface is with wax paper. it is very cheap and the glue will not stick to the surface of your items and if it does it is easy to peal it off again. I use tons of wax paper when I am working on different projects.

Answer this Question
Crafts AdviceDecember 10, 2019
😷
🎉
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Protecting-Work-Surface-When-Crafting.html