Raising Table Legs

I recently got a very cheap (free) card table for eating on. I got two free chairs from my ex roommate but the table was only 7 inches higher than the chairs.

I went to my local hardware store and they cut a PVC pipe 22 inches all the way down with some left over. With the end caps, it all came to just under $10.00. The diameter was exactly the same as the supports on those plastic snap together shelving units you can get. But, they were too short so I did have to spend a bit of money.

With the end caps on, they slid over the short legs right up to the diagonal support bar attached to each leg.

Upside down, the caps went on and were taped in the back just so they wouldn't fall off while flipping it back on. Voila! The whole project was under $10.00 and took about 30 minutes.

N-JOY!

What a creative idea!

Thanks. If you have a work table or picnic table you need higher just for a few hours, do this.

Take a large soup can and turn it upside down inside a spaghetti can. Set the legs inside the larger can and they will rest on the smaller one. This will get you about 6" in height and the larger can will keep it from slipping off. It looks like this! NOTE: I can't find the shot of the table in the garage which shows it much better. But, this is what I did on a smaller scale for a friend who's wheel chair kept getting "caught" on the underside of her table. We even decorated it for her!