Re-Fluff Sofa and Loveseat Arms

Category Sofas
Furniture wears differently, sometimes the couch still looks good overall and is comfortable, but the stuffing in the arms has become flat over time. This is a guide about re-fluff sofa and loveseat arms.

The arms of my faux leather sofas have become flat and hard. Can anyone suggest how to refill with stuffing or something?

Thanks.

Answers

I tried this back in the 1980s and it was a big fat mess because the leather was hard get the stitches apart (so I could open up a seam to stuff), then when I did, it was almost impossible to sew back and get it evened out (I was using a long curved needle especially for leather also and it was a nightmare).

I was using plain fiber stuffing (leftover from a doll craft project)--which clumped up so it clearly was not the thing to use.

If the couch is something you want to last for a long time, you may want to consider having it professionally repaired, but a shop that specializes in upholstery. They will make sure the leather doesn't get torn, gets sewed back right and the fluffy is even. They can also condition the leather for you (which you could probably do yourself with saddle soap if that would help freshen the piece).

I am all about DIY, but for me, this was a DIY flop.

You will have to get an upholstery needle and thread that will stand up to leather. You also have to be very careful because if you make a mistake the needle marks will show. You can try to rip out a small enough section so that you can stuff some foam in.

Thank you youre probably right xx

Wishing you an easy solution! Post back what you decide!

I will do and thanks again xx

Im so pleased with all of the wonderful advice and will consider my next move soon

Many thanks

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I can "re-fluff" the sofa and love seat arms? There is no way to remove the micro-fiber upholstery. Thanks!

Stephanie from Ft. Worth, TX

Answers

You can beat it with something like a broomstick. Or you can also cut a small slit where it doesnt show in the crack in the back or under the cushion and stuff new stuffing up and around to the flattened area. You can also take a needle, poke it thru in various areas and try to pull up on the existing stuffing to fluff it. Ive used all 3 methods on different pillows and furniture.

Anonymous

Thank You! I was getting very frustrated!!!!! I like the small slit and stuff idea!