Recipes Using Egg Roll Wrappers
Many different, delicious ingredients can be used to fill an egg roll wrapper for a quick meal. This page contains recipes using egg roll wrappers
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I have found a fun and easy way to switch up our normal meals at dinner time. I always hear my kids say "tacos, burgers, AGAIN?" So I decided to start using our tried and true in a different way! I grab a pack of egg roll wrappers or wonton skins and we stuff them with different dinners. For example, we have done cheeseburgers, tacos, buffalo chicken, barbecue chicken, chicken Alfredo, or empanada inspired fillings. The list is endless. Now my kids try and think of things we can wrap up! The great part is that these babies don't need to be fried, we bake them in the oven and get the same crunchy crispiness in a lot healthier package!
- 1 package egg roll wrappers or wonton skins ($3.50 )
- 1 lb meat, beans, meat alternatives of your choice (3$+)
- 1 Any spices, herbs, and fillings you can think of (1$+)
- Prepare your desired filling.
- Place a small amount of filling in center and wrap according to instructions on the back of the egg roll/wonton package.
- Place on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven at 400 degrees F until lightly browned and crispy texture is achieved.
May 29, 20121 found this helpful
These simple rolls make an excellent quick dessert for dipping. This page contains baked apple egg roll recipes.
July 17, 20140 found this helpful
A delicious side dish or appetizer can be created in won ton wrappers with meat and vegetables. This page contains Chinese egg roll recipes.