Chinese Egg Roll Recipes
A delicious side dish or appetizer can be created in won ton wrappers with meat and vegetables. This page contains Chinese egg roll recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
An easy alternative to takeout Chinese food that is waistline friendly!
Total Time: 60 minutes, including prep/cooling time
Yield: 12 egg rolls
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup cubed chicken breast
- 1 cup scallions, diced
- 2 cups cabbage,shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (Oyster is best, but I had none, so I subbed!)
- Saute chicken and scallions in sesame oil for 3-5 minutes. Add carrot, cabbage, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce. Reduce to low and simmer, covered for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let mixture cool (30 minutes).
- Arrange egg roll wrapper at a diagonal. Add 3 Tbsp. (approximately) of mixture to center. Fold bottom triangle up, sides in (like wrapping a gift!) then seal top edges with water and roll up to meet. Repeat x 12.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Broil for one minute.
- Serve alongside stir fry or have more as the main event!
Ingredients: Choice of or any combination:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ground pork, drained
- 1 cup cooked diced chicken
- 1 cup diced shrimp
- 1 cup diced crab
- 2 cups minced celery
- 1 head finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts, diced
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 1 can water chestnuts, diced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- egg roll skins at room temperature
- 8 green onions, chopped fine
- 4 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 3 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 6-8 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2-3 slices ginger root, minced
Blanch celery, cabbage, and green onions in 1 cup boiling water. Add all ingredients together in large skillet and cook until thoroughly mixed and hot. Refrigerate. Fill each egg roll with about 2 tablespoons filling. Wrap envelope style and secure flap with a cornstarch, cold water mixture. Deep fat fry until golden brown. Drain and set hot with sweet and sour sauce or Chinese mustard. Makes about 40 large egg rolls. These may be frozen. Pop thawed egg rolls in 350 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes.
By Robin from Washington, IA
- 1 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup cooked diced shrimp
- 1 cup cooked ground beef
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- About 20-21 egg roll wrappers
Mix all ingredients together. Place 2-3 teaspoonfuls mixture in center of egg roll wrappers. Wrap 2 sides over and roll up. Fry in lots of oil until golden. Serve with hot mustard or sweet and sour sauce.
By Robin from Washington, IA
April 21, 20050 found this helpful
Try this delicious, nutritious filling fried in wonton wrappers.Read More...