Refrigerator Not Dispensing Water or Making Ice

I moved into a house that had a WRS22WRAD1 refrigerator in a room in the basement. It looks like the basement was finished around this thing. I would have to cut it up to take it out. It cools fine, however the ice maker and water dispenser doesn't work. If I try to get water from the front panel with the selector switch on "Water" it dumps water into the ice maker. If I slid the selector switch to "Ice" it just turns the auger in the ice maker, but never makes ice. The ice maker does cycle, but no ice is ever made. Any ideas?

You could have frozen water in the water line.

Hi,

I would call customer support or a local refrigerator repair company and ask them to come out and give an estimate on the cost of the repair. There could be a corroded wire somewhere, or a water line that does not work very well.

I hope this helps,

Blessings,

Robyn

YouTube has a number of videos on how to repair White Westinghouse products. Perhaps one could help you repair it if you are handy.

If not, you may just want to use it to keep things cold as the back up fridge.

It sounds like when it finally goes, you are going to have a chore getting it out of where it is. That does not sound like fun!!