Remedy for Hair Damaged By Perm and Coloring

In the period of four months, I had a perm, colored it a dark brown color, then changed my mind, had bleach and put in it to give me blonde highlights. I just recently went back to brown all over color. I am sticking with the all over brown color. From the perm and stripping of the color for the blonde highlights, my hair feels super fried. Imagine teasing your hair and having to brush the tease out, that's how my hair feels after I get out of the shower. I curl my hair on a constant basis. How do I reverse the damage? What kind of conditioning treatment can I use to gain my healthy hair back?

Best Answer

Former cosmetologist, here. At this point, nothing you do is going to roll back the damage. Too much has been done. Go to a stylist, get most of the damaged hair cut off, get a reconstruction treatment on what is left to buy time as it grows out. Get regular trims until all the damage has been cut off. Then, you can consider growing it back out.