Removing Adhesive

Trying to remove adhesive from various surfaces can be a process of trial and error. This is a page about removing adhesive.

To remove gum, labels, or stickers, use baby oil. Soak a cotton ball in oil and apply to the sticky area and heat with a hair dryer. When adhesive softens, it can easily be removed.

By Ron from Cortez, CO

I had some surgery on a toe and had to use a latex free bandage to wrap it. When I removed the band-aid, I got some of the residue on my thumbnail. I decided to try a drop of baby oil and it came right off.

I had put the little self-adhesive plastic strips in my bathtub several years ago. They worked quite well, and they stayed useful for several years. They eventually began to peel around the edges and I decided to pull them off and go back to the rubber bath mat.

I could not get the adhesive off! I tried bleach, Comet, and lots of different types of "miracle" cleaners. I used these with Scotch-Brite scouring pads and I even carefully used steel wool. The adhesive marks would pretty much disappear, but a week later they were back! I had given up on getting rid of them, but I had started keeping a can of WD-40 under the sink for assorted uses. I thought I'd give it a try. I had read of many wonderful uses for it before. I sprayed it on, used a new Scotch-Brite green pad and plenty of elbow grease [LOL] and rinsed well. Finally! The marks are gone now for good!

First, I was repairing my granddaughter's brown stuffed animal with my glue gun. I dropped the glue gun on the animal's head and it slid off, leaving a streak of hot glue.

How do I remove sticky tape residue from painted window trim? It is the double sided tape that was used for weather proofing the window.

By Shelley from Osceola, NE

Answers

I would think GooGone would do it or maybe just plain alcohol.

WD-40 and a scraper. Take a sponge with some dish liquid on it or soap to wash off the greasey residue. Works great!

The WD40 and scraper worked amazingly well. Thanks so much for posting this!

How di I remove adhesive residue from paintwork

My ironing board cover has an adhesive fabric bonding on it. How do I get it off or do I have to buy a new cover?

Melissa from Salt Lake City, UT

Answers

Try using nail polish remover.

I use a scrap of cotton fabric or even cotton batting. Lay on top, have your iron as hot as it will get, with no steam.

Place fabric over adhesive, iron on top until all adhesive is stuck to fabric.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceMay 9, 2013
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Adhesive.html