Removing Scratched Coating on Eyeglasses

How do I remove the scratched coating from my eyeglasses?

Best Answer

Are you trying to remove the special coating you had put on when you got your glasses? If so, use isopropyl alcohol. If you're trying to remove a scratch from regular glasses, rub a bit of toothpaste on the scratch then rinse and dry with a soft cloth.

I tried the alcohol, I tried nail Polish remover, and I tried the toothpaste method. So far nothing has worked.....

Have you tried toothpaste?

Your best bet is to bring it into the eyeglass place and have them recoat it.

If you are talking about the coatings placed on your glasses when purchased then here are a couple of sites that have some good suggestions.

sciencing.com/remove-antireflective-coating-eyeglasses...

makezine.com/.../

Here is a link to information on removing scratches from eyeglasses. You may have to enlarge the text as it appears very small.

glassescrafter.com/.../remove-scratches-on-eyeglasses.html

Have you tried using a lens spray and simple cloth.

After trying all of the suggestions here without satisfactory results, through the process of elimination, I went through the medicine cabinet and tried Good Sense Clear Anti-Itch Lotion......and it worked! I rubbed it in thoroughly, left them to sit for a few minutes, then came back and rubbed and picked gently with a fingernail and it came off!

Toothpaste might have worked, but I use a natural type without as many additives. And, it could be that everything I used had a compounding effect and that made the anti-itch lotions job easier! Good luck! PS: There are sites out there where you can order glasses for a fraction of the cost at the usual outlets.

Home and Garden Repair Other Eye GlassesJune 9, 2017
🎄
🎉