Tinting Non-prescription Lenses?

How can I remove the coating from my non-prescription plastic lenses and tint them myself? I have tried tinting them without removing the coating and that does not work. Can somebody please tell me how I can do this and what could I use to remove the coating? Can I use the all purpose "RIT" dye to tint them myself?

Thank you for any ideas y'all may have.

You will have to do this in several steps.
There are several different types of coatings so be sure to read about each one.
First; be sure the lenses are plastic as most suggested methods will ruin glass lenses.
Most suggestions use 90% alcohol; soak the glasses in the alcohol solution for 10-30 minutes. You should then be able to scrape off the coating. Rinse with soap and water.
You can also spray them with pure white vinegar and this will sometimes do the trick.
www.nacl.com/.../

There are a lot of suggestions for removing coatings on this site:
www.thriftyfun.com/tf28068968.tip.html

After you remove the coatings you can tint your lenses. The lenses have to be removed from the frames so if they are very tight you can soak glasses in warm water for a few minutes to 'soften' the frames.
www.leaf.tv/.../

This can be done to Plastic glasses more so than glass. Although it takes some period of adjustment depending on the type of tint , takes about 10 to 15 to do , with this recipe. - www.leaf.tv/.../

Home and Garden Repair Other Eye GlassesNovember 21, 2020
🎄
🍂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Tinting-Non-prescription-Lenses.html