Removing Tree Sap from My Arm

At the end of April I went hiking and got what I thought were splinters from some trees that I had grabbed onto with my arm bent. So it's right in the crease of my arm, opposite my elbow. Now it's July and what I now realize is that it is tree sap not splinters oozing out slowly. It burns. What do I do? Is there a way to soak out the sap?

By Sarah W.

Sarah, I don't think it's tree sap. It sounds like an infection. You should go to the doctor right away and see if you need an antibiotic. If you don't want to go to the doctor, then use some peroxide and antibiotic ointment on it. I do recommend the doctor, though. It's been a long time and you don't want to take any chances of the infection getting into your bloodstream. Good luck.

Jen

I think you should go to a doctor. Anything minor you got on your arm in April -- splinters or sap -- would be gone by now. This is nothing like I have ever heard of.

Your arm looks infected. It has been long enough that it could be a very serious infection. You need to see a doctor right away.