Repaired (Glued) Drawer Will Not Open?

My husband glued (wood glue) the track (like the one shown) which had come loose on the bottom of his dresser drawer (it's the one above the one I took out). He put it back into the dresser before it was completely dry. 8 years later, it still won't open. Drawers are closed from each other. Any ideas? I think the only thing in it is t-shirts, but would like to sell dresser and who would want a dresser with a drawer that won't open?

See if you can feel the track underneath. You might be able to pry it off or slip something in there to break the glue. You will most likely have to reattach it afterwards though.

This is going to be a tough job due to the fact that you have nice closed in drawers which makes for good furniture but tough for this kind of repair.
Since you wish to sell this chest it will have to be done in such a way that will not damage the chest.
My first suggestion would be to go to your local Ace hardware store, show them your pictures and ask for help. As a general rule they have very experienced people when it comes to 'problems' like this. Try to remember what kind of glue you used as this may help.

The next thing would be to ask your question on one or more of the furniture forums and see what advice they can give you.
www.drwoodwell.com/.../
www.houzz.com/.../antiques-and-collectibles
www.doityourself.com/.../37681-furniture-repair.html

I did read a suggestion to turn the chest upside down and use a hair dryer on the spots where the rails are located but I have no idea if that would work.

Thank you, I will reach out to both Ace and other websites. I have tried the blow dryer but never turning dresser upside down. Would be worth a try.

Sometimes unorthodox things will work but I'm hoping Ace personnel will be able to help you.
I did not see a picture of the back but have you looked to see if you might be able to remove it?
If you can remove it you might be able to tell where your biggest problem is. I just hope you do not have to take the drawer apart.
I really wish I could think of a fantastic solution but this is all I've been able to come up with.
Please let us know if you find a way.
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Use a hot blow dryer to soften the glue so you can take the drawer out

Hopefully, you can remove the back of the dresser and gain access to the drawer from the back. I would remove all the drawers you can, take off the back, then turn over onto top of dresser. From there, you should be able to do some light tapping with a hammer to force the drawer slide free without damaging the drawer. If lucky, with the back off, if you need to, you can get the divider off that separates drawers from each other, to give you more access to all parts of the stuck drawer. Then a heat gun to soften the glue, and a chisel to help scrape the glue off the slide, will cure the problem. Good luck and lets us know how it goes.

Home and Garden Repair FurnitureJanuary 4, 2021
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repaired-Glued-Drawer-Will-Not-Open.html