Repairing Damage from a Home Perm

How can I repair damage done to my hair by a home perm? It is falling out in clumps. I have had it cut.

By Mary

Best Answer

Is your hair falling out or breaking off? Falling out would probably be due to an allergy from the product; breaking off (most likely at the roots) would be from over processing or burning the hair at the scalp - this has happened to me three times. I will not get another perm; I was just meant to have straight hair. I had to let mine grow out - a time consuming and embarassing process, especially when the stubs are about 1/4 inch long and sticking out everywhere.

There are several ladies who are experienced hairdressers on this site who often give advice. I am not one of them. However, I think what they would say is that you can't repair such damage.

Get a good cut, and wait for your hair to grow out. If there is something else to be done, I don't know what it is.

I thought I was getting my whole head permed but that didn't happen she just did my roots didn't bring perm to the end the tips of my hair the ends of my hair is kind of puffy an the back only when I bump it it gets kind of straight

What use for hair after you get a perm, so it want dry up