RefrigeratorAppliances

Repairing Damage to the Finish on a Textured Refrigerator

Has anyone ever had used a dry Magic Eraser on a white textured refrigerator? I have before and never had any problems. I don't know what happened this last time. This time it took the texture and paint on the door right down to the metal. The metal has now rusted.

Fortunately, it's an older refrigerator, but I wasn't thinking of replacing it until it quite working. I am wanting to do some sort of patch job. I just don't know where to start.

There are touch up paint kits. Contact the manufacturer.

This is just me, but when I use something that has worked before and then causes and epic fail like this, I call the company and tell them and ask what solutions they can offer to help fix it (or pay for it).

Magic Eraser is touted as so gentle and that you had this experience is not good.

Their contact info is www.mrclean.com/.../contact-us

I know that isn't offering you a solution for the cosmetic problem...but if you are going to keep the fridge and need to invest in something to fix it...this could help.

Your fridge brand's 800 number could tell you if there are kits specific to your model so you get an exact match with color/texture.

Good luck!

I don't have a textured fridge to try on, but I've always stumbled upon great reviews and including to clean texted fridges.

Not sure what happen, perhaps the scrubbing is peeling away the white layer coat.

At this point, you could possibly re-paint the area.

here's a Rustoleum product www.zoro.com/.../feature-product?gclid=Cj0KCQjwk_TbBRDsARIsAALJSOZaFe8APe8vS1VsMTpuVIPwesJGeJ259vrED2U54y7Zx518Om1DXTkaAvmPEALw_wcB

here's a white paint product from wal mart www.walmart.com/.../144203980?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId...

here's one from Amazon www.amazon.com/.../?tag=thrif06-20

since it's an older fridge and you dont' want it to rust you should definitely get it touched up