SofasFurniture

Repairing a Burn Hole on Couch

I have a burn hole in my couch. What is the best way to repair it?

Best Answer

You will need fabric glue to repair your couch.

1. Use a very sharp pair of scissors to cut away the burned edges from the hole. Cut as little of the fabric as possible when doing this.
  2. Apply the fabric glue to the edges of the hole and let dry. You want to apply the glue to the edges of the hole so it won't fray, but you don't want to add so much glue that you will notice this all the time.
  3. This normally takes 2 hours to dry. In the meantime you will need to look on the couch and find an area that you can cut a small piece of fabric from. Look under the couch, around the legs, or on the backside of the couch.
  4. Once dry, apply some fabric glue to the inside of the hole.
  5. Apply the glue to the edges of the patch.
  6. Ad

7. Push the patch into the hole and use tweezers to adjust your material. Make sure you adjust the grain and the pattern so that the patch matches.
  8. Now wait for the glue to dry. This will take from 2 hours to 24 hours depending on what fabric glue you buy.

It depends on what your couch is made of, cloth, vinyl, leather, etc. Here are some steps:

Step 1
Cut away as much as the burnt bits as possible using small scissors

Step 2
Apply some fabric glue to your newly cut edges so the couch fabric won't fray. Let dry

Step 3
Find a piece of fabric from the couch that you can cut to replace the hole. Try the back or bottom of the couch

Step 4
Put some fabric glue in the hole and along the edges of the fabric patch

Step 5
Push it in and let it dry

Repairing a burn hole.

Step 1
My son burnt my new couch.

Step 2
I cut a small piece from the back of the couch where it won't be seen or rip any further.

Step 3
I hot glued the patch over the burn hole.