Replacing a Cloth Swing Canopy

I have two swings and one BBQ grill with canopies and a gazebo where the cloth has either disintegrated or been torn to shreds by the cats. I would like to replace the canopies with something cat proof that will last. Are there metal canopies?

Any ideas?

I have not seen any metal replacements. You could call an awing company and they could have it custom made, but that may not be cost-efficient for you.

Anonymous

Amazon sells canvas in multilpe colors . 10 yds. 69 @ 50 bucks Im covering overhangs for old canopy swings . Also
Using 10 ft galvanized painted pipe cut in half and mounted with the canvas . Hope your oriject works out well. Tam

It sounds like you have met your limit but I do not believe they make metal canopies for swings and such.

They do usually make canvas replacements for probably all of your items but these will determinate over time even if the cats stay away. I do think they sell a product that can be sprayed on your canvas to help prolong the life. The sun and just outdoor weather will work away at it everyday.

As for keeping cats away, I believe you could use a commercial product to spray on the canvas. Most of these products have to be resprayed every 30 days.

I have seen several products for this purpose sold at Walmart, Home Depot, Target and others and it is possible they will work.

Here is an example:

www.amazon.com/.../B01GGUDLFI?tag=thrif06-20

I had meant to include this information:

www.google.com/search?q=replacement+canopys+for...

No metal canopies. Probably something you would have to DIY.

So maybe I am just missing something here, as there are no pictures of what your canopy looks like.

There are lots of metal structures that you can build or buy for your yard and place your item under to protect them from weather...like these examples:

www.walmart.com/.../565481675?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId...

That said, the other solution if you must have canvas is to find something to keep the cats away from it.

Here are some safe cat repellents:

www.instructables.com/.../

www.thesprucepets.com/best-cat-repellents-4153850