Roasted Tomato Recipes

Category Vegetables
Whether you roast them over an open fire or bake in the oven, roasted tomatoes, with your favorite spices make a delicious side dish. This page contains roasted tomato recipes.

Wonderful as an appetizer, side dish or loaded onto toasted bagels. Yum!

• 2 ripe tomatoes cut into 1/3 inch slices
  • 3 Tbsp. fresh parmesan cheese, grated or finely shredded
  • 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic, if desired
  • Ad

• 1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated or finely shredded
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, lightly oil and arrange with a single layer of the tomato slices.

Mix the 3 tablespoons of parmesan with olive oil, Dijon and garlic in a small bowl, evenly spoon mixture onto tomato slices, spread out mixture with the back of the spoon and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Evenly sprinkle with remaining parmesan, bake until cheese topping is golden, about 12 to 16 minutes, and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

• 3 large ripe firm tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 5 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 tsp. anchovy paste
  • Ad

• 1 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Blend crumbs, 3 Tbsp. oil, garlic, paste and cheese. Stuff tomatoes and place in pan. Add 2 Tbsp. oil. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or longer until done.

By Robin from Washington, IA

My ex daughter-in-law used to fix a dish she just called baked tomatoes. I asked her for the recipe, but she said it was her secret. She did tell me it was fresh tomatoes and four kinds of cheese. That's all I know.

I think either ricotta or cottage cheese was in there, but I don't know what else. It was very moist, almost juicy and tasted wonderful. I've searched lots of websites but can't find anything like it. Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

Di from Wilsonville, OR

Answers

Can you give us some more information? Were they whole stuffed tomatoes, or sliced and layered, or just chopped and mixed with all the cheeses?
Brenda

I think she cut the tomatoes in half or quarters and then layered the cheeses on top and added salt, pepper and whatever else on top of that. It was baked and the juice from the tomatoes mixed with the cheeses so it was very moist. She may have mixed an egg with the cheeses too. I don't think she added bread crumbs or cracker crumbs, but that would be OK. The color of the cheeses was whitish, so I don't think she used cheddar. It could have been an adaptation of one of the Southern tomato recipes. As I said, she was very secretive about it. Any suggestions will be appreciated and tried. I love tomatoes cooked almost any way. Thank you, Dianne

Do you recall which cookbooks she had on the shelf? This might be a clue.

PS It might have been sprinkled with msg.

I suppose since she's your *ex* daughter-in-law, you don't get to eat the tomato dish anymore. Did you ever try duplicating it using your ideas you listed in your second post? I'd really be curious if you were able to replicate it and how you did it. It sounds like an interesting dish.

It sounds like tomatoes au gratin. I'm almost certain I have a recipe home (I'm reading this remotely) and I'll try to post it over the weekend.

Try this- thick slice tomatoes or quarter them, arrange in a glass or ceramic baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, cover with slices of mozzarella and provolone. Crumble ricotta and FRESH parmesan on that. Add salt and pepper to taste and bake until cheese is bubbly. Serve with fresh basil leaves.

I have friends who make Tomato Pies. Google Tomato Pies and you'll find lots of recipes. Perhaps it will be one of these.

Pepsi

I am very sorry but I cannot find the recipe I was thinking of. However, the recipe on the last post seems very much like what I was trying to find. Good luck and maybe in your search you'll find something even better!

Thank you for all the recipes and tips. I plan on trying all of them and I know I'll get some recipes here that will get my family to eat more tomatoes. Dianne