Roof Repair Assistance for Senior Citizens

How does a senior get help in Detroit Michigan with roof repair? People tell me they've gotten help. When I call I can't get help.

By Richie

Best Answer

The only organization that I know of is a nationwide government funded organization. It has different names in different places. IF you are so low income that you can't afford to repair it yourself, you must have a social worker/welfare worker through the Department of Social Services/Welfare Office. Talk to that person and see if they know the name of the organization.

Ask the people that tell you that they have received help where the obtained the help. Just being a senior citizen isn't enough to receive help from this organization, you have to qualify income wise. Then there is a waiting list. That being said, the people that receive help from the organization have to stay in the home for a certain number of years. I have a sister that received help from the organization and before that time frame was up she had to go into a nursing home and when her house was sold she had to pay back the organization on a pro-rated basis.

Talk to your pastor, there is a possibility that he knows of members in the congregation that could do the work and some that would donate the needed materials. I do know sometimes pastors will take up a special offering for truly needy members of the congregation.