Roof Repair Assistance for Senior Citizens

I am a senior citizen and need "help" with my leaking roof and foundation problems. I am also under educated and I don't know where to turn. I have tried in the past other places that offer help, but they did not help me and said I didn't qualify! God bless you.

By Renard from Dallas, TX

Best Answer

When you were told you didn't qualify, they probably meant that you were over income. If your home is completely paid for, there is some kind of mortgage for Senior Citizens where you get monthly payments from a mortgage company, the drawback to that is when you die the home belongs to the mortgage company.

Also all states have some organization that provides help to seniors and disabled people. Some towns call it Opportunities for Independent Living and other towns have other names for it. Where I live it is called Independent Living Center. Your Department of Social Services should be able to help you with that.

There are different organizations that provide different types of help, but usually a person has to meet age, disability, or income guidelines. I don't know what you mean when you say you are under educated, even if you only have an 8th grade education you should be able to go about hunting for help. If you are a church member talk to your pastor, he might be able to help you, if nothing else give you some leads to check out for help.