Sautéed Butternut Squash Recipe
These winter squashes can be cut into thin, small pieces and sauteed for a yummy fall side dish. This page contains a sautéed butternut squash recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a delicious way to prepare butternut squash. A perfect dish for the fall.
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 4 green onions
- 1 small bulb of garlic
- Cut squash in half (save other half for different recipe or double recipe and use whole squash). Cut half of squash in half again and peel each piece. Then, clean out the inside of the squash.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Heat a wok on high; then add oil to the wok.
- Peel the garlic and smash with a large knife. Add garlic to the pan and continue to stir until lightly browned.
- Add the squash in and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add salt and add 1/2 cup of water and stir.
- Cover with a lid and lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Cut green onion in 1 inch pieces. Add green onions and stir.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts on top. Enjoy!
In This Guide