TipsFrugal Living

Save Discontinued Monopoly Pieces

Monopoly has come up with new pieces for their game. The pieces they said goodbye to are the boot, the wheelbarrow and the thimble. I think these pieces are charming and remind me of simpler times. Who knows if they might be worth something one day. I am saving mine for sure;)

Monopoly has been a family favorite for many, many years and will probably continue to be, even with all the technology.
I would definitely save any of the older pieces whether they are discontinued or not as the metal content changes with newer editions and collectors want the originals - so - who knows - value for such small things may rise with time.
Nice to have anyway.
Thanks for the nice reminder about simpler times.
Betty

You are very welcome Cybergrannie, and I miss the games from simpler times as well. Have a blessed day!
---Robin

There is always someone looking to BUY and REPLACE pieces. I don't want to buy the game with the new pieces. For me, destroys the memory of playing the old board games. The toss away society will never know what it is like to 'get to have' that special piece, playing the game with a grandparent, etc. I bought a few different versions of Monopoly and left them sealed...the 50th anniversary with gold pieces, the Harley Davidson one, etc.