Saving Money On Fitness

You don't have to pay for an expensive health club membership to stay fit and healthy. This is a page about saving money on fitness.

I am trying hard to stay healthy, isn't everyone? I've tried the YMCA, which was wonderful, but it isn't close by. Between the travel cost, time and membership, I looked for alternatives.

I saw some interesting offers on Groupon for free one or more month memberships to online exercise sites (DailyBurn, Grokker) which were also great too. I would do them at home daily since they are always available, rain or shine. The programs are so diverse, interesting, and much more convenient. One even offers a daily, changing exercise program with different instructors everyday. I treated them like a scheduled appointment I HAD to attend, which was also great. The only downside was that it would cost me a monthly fee after the free trial period.

After the second website expired, I decided to check online and see if there were free exercise programs. I have a ROKU (which is a great asset to see free programs, btw) and went on to YouTube channel through it. I found a great free husband/wife team that offers a ton of great free exercises plus more, named Fitnessblender.

I signed up and it is now available right on my TV. I have been doing it at 9:00 every morning just to stay committed but can always do it whenever I want if my schedule is busy at that time! The exercises counts down for you and even shows how many calories you burn doing the exercise.

It's just a great way for me to stay motivated, without spending $15 a month on a website OR even more at a gym! They say the best exercise is the one YOU ACTUALLY DO and having it right in my home, with no prep to go out or anyone watching is a great incentive for me!

Hopefully it will also save me in medical bills since I am losing weight, staying in shape, building muscle and improving balance to prevent falls and more! Medical costs are one of our most expensive costs in this country. Staying healthy is the ultimate ThriftyFun tip!

This is not a joke, really! I did it and it turned out great. I showed my daughter who is nine years old and she started screaming and saying "Ewwwww!", "Gross!" and "Get Away from Me!" I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time. It really works though. I used a large or medium sized pair of men's brief underwear that I got for free from someone who never wore them

You lay the brief out and cut a circle out of the crotch. Leave the binding and about an inch as this is the straps for your shoulder. I can see it would irritate my skin, but I am going to cut out a pattern because it actually fits so well, it is just too rough of material. It was the funniest thing I have ever done!

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

It's that time of year when everyone is running around panicking because soon they'll have to wear shorts or a bathing suit. Here are some tips to get yourself in shape without costing a fortune.

A couple working out in a health club with weights

Like most of us, I have some extra weight that I've had trouble getting off. I can't afford the cost of a gym, and even if I could, I probably wouldn't go.

Actively look for stairs to take rather than heading for escalators and elevators. If the trip up involves too many floors, use the stairs part of the way.

Health & Beauty Fitness AdviceMay 14, 2013
😎
🐛
🌻
😷
Generated 2020-07-15 23:30:09 in 856 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-On-Fitness.html