Selling Collectible Dolls

I have the complete set of the Effanbee Legend series dolls. I need to sell. How can I find someone interested in these dolls?

By Karen

Hi - not sure how many dolls you have as there is a very large number in the Legend series.

A large group may be difficult to sell unless you have a local auction that deals in that type of merchandise - and a group will sell for a lot less than selling individual dolls.

Check your dolls on eBay, Ruby Lane, Amazon. Google dolls by the series or individual names. You can get a good idea of what people are asking for each doll.

Selling dolls at a decent price through these outlets takes a lot of work and time (usually months) unless you list them at a very low price. Groups sell but at a much lower price per doll.

You might find a local shop that would be interested in buying as a group but expect to be quoted a low price (maybe even 10.00 per doll).

Shipping is another story altogether! Dolls are difficult to ship so try to stay with local pickup.

Selling on Craigslist can be done also but be very careful who you invite into your home to view your dolls.

all of us that have lots of porcelain dolls and are trying to sell them....we should just open up a DOLL MUSEUM...and donate to it all of our dolls...I have around 500 of them, inherited them form my dear mother who passed away 6 months ago. She was 92 and dedicated like 30 years of her life to make these lovely dolls, clothes also for all of them!

In some cases, doll clothes fetch decent money on eBay! Often better than the dolls! Just some food for thought! A museum would be fun! There are some out there that are on my bucket list!!!

www.ebay.com/.../132619890888?hash=item1ee0c2f0c8...

I have a bunch of doll from 1983 - 2003 . how much would they cost ?