Selling Doll Collections

I have collectable dolls from a company called "Presents". I also have the Wizard of Oz collection, Popeye collection, and a Sarge Plus Friend doll. I also have these two unique Christmas dolls with candy mints printed on their dresses. Do you know where in the Raleigh/Durham area I can sell them?

Why dont you put them up for sale on eBay? You will get a much wider range of customers.

it's hard to say. You could try a boutique toy shop or antiques shop such as
www.childrensorchard.com/

this place looks interesting because it offers Resale retail chain offering pre-owned children's brand-name clothing, toys, books & furniture.
Swift Creek Shopping Center
Raleigh, NC

another one could be www.crowemagtoys.com/.../

you probably don't want a chain or corporate toy store and in the end what you want is a collector so maybe in a facebook group or craigslist or newspaper classifieds

As Judy said, eBay gets you the widest audience and usually realizes you the highest profits (even after fees).

There was a lot that sold (MAKE SURE THIS IS AN EXACT MATCH TO YOURS BEFORE YOU DETERMINE YOUR VALUE) www.ebay.com/.../112637870850?hash=item1a39bd8302...

Etsy is also another good source to sell them.

Etsy charges a small amount to list (whether it sells or not) and then takes a percentage of the sale. Ebay, if you are under a certain number of auctions a month, charges no listing fee but takes a chunk of the sale (item and postage) AFTER it sells. If it doesn't sell you have no loss but your time. Both sales would be subject to fees from Paypal if you sell online and have the proceeds go to a Paypal.

Selling as a lot is the easiest, but depending on the pieces, it may pay to break it up.

I suggest researching each way using eBay's sold feature to find the way to maximize your profits.

On the flip side, the benefit of Jean's suggested method is you don't have to mess with the shipping part. I can't tell you how many items I have sold in the last few years that the USPS has literally CRUSHED to death (too many) my items. And I pack VERY carefully ..using multiple layers of foam, bubbles, peanuts etc. It is the one place where I am NOT a good eco system person :( Having to file for a USPS insurance claim is a hassle also but I can't afford to lose the money.

The downside of selling to a store is they will only give you 1/4 or less of their retail value, so you aren't maximizing your profits, but you are getting the entire batch out of the house in one fell swoop!

You could always try selling them through a consignment store where you split the profits (you may get up to 50% depending on the arrangement) or to get full value, try Facebook Marketplace, Craig's List etc....but safety first with those sites...meet them in well lit public places...best place is a centrally located police station lobby!

Good luck! Hope this gets you started with selling!