Senior Dog Peeing Inside?

We adopted a senior dog, who is also blind, in December. William is a Beagle Dachshund mix. I was told he was housebroken by the rescue. He pees in the house and we've done everything we can think of to try to stop him. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

By Maureen S. from Salem, NH

Does he "ask" to go outside? I have a blind dachshund....got her when she was 8 weeks old. I immediately hung a large bell by my back door & taught her to ring it when she needs to go out. She still used it to this day & she is now 12 yrs. old. My daughter got 2 new puppies a few months ago.....she did the same thing and it works for her too. Because your dog is blind he might be confused as to how to let you know he needs to go out. Give the bell a try.....mine caught on to it really quick.

Pets Dogs AdviceMay 16, 2013
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
Generated 2020-07-22 08:27:50 in 906 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Senior-Dog-Peeing-Inside.html

AdviceDogs