Separating Pots That Are Stuck Together?

I made a mistake and thought I had the double boiler pans, not so. Now they are vacuum sealed together. I got the bottom one boiling then dumped ice in it, that did not work, so I frozen it overnight, dumped boiling water in the top, that did not work. Finally I tried to slide a thin knife between them. Anyone have any hints for this?

Best Answer

For the boiling water/ice to work, the bottom would have to be hot (to expand) and the top cold (to contract). That is the only thing that I can think of, and I encourage you to try it again. However, what I would do is fill the top pot with ice, and then set the bottom pot in a sink of very hot water. You have to make sure the two pots have different temps. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas!! Good luck!

I tried this with no luck. Only when I hit the bottom pot with a blow torch did they separate. No damage done to either pot.

I agree with Louise. Try having the bottom one be hot and the top one cold. I had two pans stuck together a month ago and this worked for me.

I had a small gap that allowed me to add water to the bottom pan. I put them on the stove to heat the water to boiling. I then added ice to the top pot. After a minute or so, the pots let loose. However, WARNING... when pulling apart be very careful. I pulled too hard, too fast, and splashed the hot water on myself. I do NOT suggest this! Hope this helps.

Home and Garden Repair Other DishesMarch 20, 2016
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Separating-Pots-That-Are-Stuck-Together.html