Shrimp Spring Rolls
Vote for this contest contender!
This is a quick and easy Americanized twist on shrimp spring rolls that are perfect for a light snack, lunch or as an appetizers. In lieu of shrimp, another quick alternative that I have used was sausage!
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 9 rolls
- 18 shrimp
- dash pepper
- dash salt
- 1/4 gal water
- 1/2 cup spicy peanut vinaigrette
- handful peanuts
- 9 spring roll rice wrapper
- handful baby arugula blend
- handful Korean-style thin noodles
- You do not need any kind of fancy shrimp, but the market ran out of regular peeled shrimp, so I bought the garlic shrimp skewers and dashed with some salt and pepper.
- Spray the olive oil on the griddle, and cook the shrimp skewers on each side for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile I already had left over Korean-style noodles. The noodles I use take only 5 minutes to cook. Follow the directions on the packaging, as it varies depending on type/brand. Boil water and add the amount of noodles you want to eat then drain with cold water.
- I use my electric kettle and boil water to prep for the spring roll wrappers. Once water is finished boiling, pour into a low dish bowl and allow the water to cool a bit.
- Ready to assemble your spring rolls. Dip the spring roll wrapper into the hot water.
- Lay the spring roll wrapper down on a dish, and add a little bit of noodles, some salad (I used baby arugula blend which has baby arugula, baby spinach and baby lettuce), and 2 shrimp. Photo shows 3, but I realized two was enough so I can have 9 rolls for two people to eat for a late snack.
- Instead of making a homemade peanut sauce, I found Trader Joe's Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette with Jalapeño & Fresh Cilantro tastes comparable. A little thinner in consistency since it's for salads (which pairs great with salads) but goes with these spring rolls perfectly. As a nice touch and crunch to the sauce, I like to add peanuts! You can crush them if you would like too.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!