Social Security Survivor Benefits and Food Stamps

How do you apply for food stamps if you are receiving Social Security Survivor benefits for your children?

Contact social services in your town, for a sit down appointment. They will take a look at your situation and tell you what help that they or other services can do for you!

I spoke to social services and they said they dont deal with food stamps I have to contact welfare but welfare said no

It appears that the income you are receiving from SS benefits exceeds the amount of money a person can earn to receive food stamps. In some cases they say no right away and you can try and appeal the outcome to see if they will review your case and change their minds. Other than this there is nothing more you can do to get food stamps.

You will need to make an appointment with social services that will take your application for food stamps. You should be able to apply for health benefits at the same time.

This website I am going to give you has a place to click to find out what you do in your state as my understanding is every state is a little different:

www.usa.gov/food-help

In my state you can apply for SNAP when you apply for Medical Assistance and it is done through the Department of Health (DOH).

You have to tell them (in my state and I assume all--but I hate to assume) all of your dependents and if your dependents have things like the Social Security survivor benefits.

All questions must be answered fully and accurately. Many states have in person venues where you can get help and I encourage you to take advantage of those in person places.

Your elected state representative can help you if you need it. I found mine by putting in my town name and the phrase state representative into Google. He came right up and I was lucky his office was right down the street. The services there are free (paid for by taxes).

Post back with an update.

Business and Legal Legal General AdviceJanuary 13, 2020
💘
🍀