Living Room Furniture Color Advice

Choosing an upholstery color for your sofa and chairs is important to having a successful room color scheme. This is a guide about living room furniture color advice.

What color sofas should I put in my living room which has light green walls and the curtains have dark green pelmets?

Chipmunk

Answers

Take a look at a color wheel and let your imagination run wild! You could do the opposite of green and have colors in the red/violet red family, or next to green you could venture into yellows and oranges on one side, or blues and blue violets on the other. Or, pick any print that includes the colors already present and that will work fine as well. Finally there is always the "safe" route including beige and brown.

I look at furniture this way: it's a lot easier and less expensive to change the color of my walls or accessories than it is a large piece of furniture.

Here is a color wheel to get you started, have fun!

http://www.real … or_Wheel_475.jpg

Off-white, beige or a brown tweed would work well with your colors.

Definitely beige or light brown!

I think a deep taupe would be gorgeous!

Carol

Why not dark green? Or even some dark green print...leaves or something? Sounds kinda cool to me, though I am no interior decorator. : )

I have green walls and i bought a light brown chaise lounge and my couch is brown and tan. Also have brown rugs. I can post pic. it's golf theme room so it works well

I'd go for the tans, so if you want to change the paint color down the road, your sofa will match pretty well any color

Very saturated eggplant or deep chocolate brown.

I definitely would not use another neutral color in the room. It sounds like you could use a "pop" of color. How about a cinnabar (in between red and orange" it also is neutral enough that if you do decide to change curtains or wall color again, you could then paint your walls a tan or taupe.

Guys you have been a great help thanks! What I have chosen is a base of cherry brown with printed (a mix of green, brown, white and beige) seats. The cushions on the back are a mixture of the seat colors and contrasting stripes like red, dark browns and dark greens. I'll post a picture once I get it delivered. Thanks a bunch!

I have olive green walls with a dark stain color strip through out my living room. Would a dark color suede couch look good with that type of color on the walls? The couch is chocolate.

By Teresa from Abingdon, VA

Answers

If that is what you have then that is what I would use. If you don't like it you can get a slip cover for the couch or probably even cheaper, repaing the walls.

I meant to say repaint the walls, not repair them. The phone rang as I was previewing my previous comment.

Olive is a warm tone and as long as you stay with other warm tones, many colors will work. Choc couch should be fine, but use other colors (not olive) to add interest and pops of color.

I think chocolate brown would look great with olive green. Just add some different color accents (e.g. throw pillows w/ orange/red color in them) to add some more zing.

The color combinations sound wonderful. But to break up all the solids, maybe accent pillows in a creme color with stripes of olive and chocolate color. And if you can find the fabric and sew them yourself, all the better!

My wall is a cream colour and my curtain is wine with cream colour. What colour chair should I buy? Am thinking of buying a cream chair. Thank you.

Answers

Cream is a good idea, but how about a dark, rich blue? THis would contrast in a wonderful way, especially if you added other dark blue accents to the room.

I have tan walls and tan carpet. I can't change any of that, so I need a new couch. What color should I consider?

Answers

Bone white with aqua pillows for accents.

I like a couch in a colour that doesn't easily show dirt or stains. You might go with a dark or greyish blue, a dark brown, or a sage green. If the room is very small, you could go monochromatic with a tan couch, and then use pillows, throws, drapes and artwork to add the colour. Monochromatic rooms always look larger.

I have dark wood floors and red drapes. What color sofa should I consider getting? Thanks.

My husband and I recently bought a house that needs a lot of work. Our living room has these beautiful red curtains. I would like to keep these. The carpets are green and badly need replacing and the walls have wallpaper which also needs replacing because of lots of holes from previous owners pictures. We haven't bought any furniture yet. I was thinking of painting the walls a cream color with a beige carpet, but don't know what color sofa or furniture I should get. Also, is the cream color and beige carpet a good choice? I am not very good with colors and would appreciate any advice.

My living room is light grey with a burgundy accent wall, what color sofa and decorations should I get?

By Lori

Answers

Anonymous

It's much less expensive to repaint wall colors than to pay to reupholster and/or replace furniture and have to switch out assorted accent pieces in the future. Choose your furniture and accents now according to your own favorite color tastes. If you are renting you can ask to repaint the walls in approved neutral colors (get the approval in writing) or cover the burgancy accent wall by tacking fabric over it. You can use the fabric for other projects in the future. Grey is neutral and goes with just about every color.

What sofa color will go good with Eddie Bauer paint color, Molasses?

By Linda

Answers

Beige or camel will go with anything, as will grey.