Starting a Wisteria from a Cutting

Does anyone have any experience with planting a limb (or stem) of a wisteria that was trimmed off of a vine? It has no root system. I am experimenting, and so far after 4 days using Miracle-Gro soil, the three twigs are still living.

Joan

Answers:

Planting a Wisteria Cutting

I haven't had any luck with cuttings, but I have started a lot of wisterias with the seeds from the pods, they pop open. I stick them in the dirt where I want them to grow, put a mason jar over the planted seeds, and forget about it; they will grow. Leave the jar on it until it gets a good growth. I have the wisterias all over my area. (07/02/2005)

By Tina

Planting a Wisteria Cutting

I started a wisteria by dropping several seeds in a small hole where I wanted the vine to grow. It grew out of the ground several weeks later. (03/26/2007)