Starting a Wisteria from a Cutting

My daughter has a wisteria bush and she wants to start one for me. How would she do that? She cut off a piece and put in water with no results.

By Peg

Starting a Wisteria from a Cutting

Cut a limb off and put it in dirt. It's very easy to take root, keep damp. Good luck. (05/26/2010)

By kathleen williams

Starting a Wisteria from a Cutting

I just rooted one in rooting medium 3 weeks ago, it's a gel like substance and I got it from the local nursery. So far so good. Took a clipping of new growth about 5 inches long and stuck the end in the gel.

There's also another way which is how I got my original wisteria. My grandma had one out back and if you look along the ground near to the stem there are usually little runners you can dig up and plant. I planted 3 runners and only one took. (BTW, I keep mine in pots)

**taken from (05/26/2010)

By susan

Starting a Wisteria from a Cutting

I have only tried striking a oleander using the water method. I found the trick was to keep it in a dark bottle and change the water regularly otherwise it goes all yucky. (05/26/2010)

By Sharyl