Sun Burn Remedy

I recently got a bad sunburn on my face and it's in the process of healing. My skin is dry, peeling, and it is very tight so I can't move my face. I am in a lot of pain! I have tried aloe vera, lotion, and facewash, but it doesn't help, it just stings really bad. There is dry skin peeling off my face and it leaves raw skin that is very tender. Please help. I don't know what to do. Any recommendations? I need something to help my face that works, fast. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding next week, and I can't have a messed up face.

By Maddy

Best Answer

Use Aquaphor, it has healing properties, but no fragrance so it won't irritate your skin. It feels like vaseline.

Have you tried pure Aloe Vera Gel (NOT lotion). If this doesn't work you should see a doctor as you don't want to get it infected.

Try an aloe lotion. Don't know if this is your answer, but it sure wouldn't hurt to try a natural solution like aloe.

I have found that Baby Cream in the tube has been very effective when sunburned and the skin is really tight.

See a doctor, or at the very least, go to your pharmacist and ask for advice for a salve. There may be an effective remedy over the counter. Or, the pharmacist may advise you to go to a doctor if there is no effective medication that he can give you without a prescription.

If you need to be healed by next week, you have no time to fool around with home remedies, and since it is so painful, I suspect you have quite severe burns.

I read a site this morning that said to put apple cider vinegar on sunburn. Yes it stinks, but is supposed to take the fire out of a sunburn. Smelling like a salad wouldn't be bad if it takes the burn out.

I agree with the post that says you should see a doctor! In the mean time, I have found cold milk quite soothing...dab it on liberally with a soft cotton swab. Apply every hour. And go see your doctor!

Coconut flesh made into a paste, the best Thailand remedy I've ever used!

Anonymous

That is a problem I am dealing with right now. Everything is stings.