Sweet Beef and Vegetable Soup
October 8, 2019
I have cousins who love putting sugar on or mixing anything sweet into their savory dishes. I once tasted their sweet sardines with egg noodles. It was quite good and I'm giving it a try tonight on my beef and vegetable soup.
- 400 g beef sirloin, cut into small strips
- 2 cups chayote, chopped
- 200 g Chinese cabbage, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 400 ml water
- chopped onions
- chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp ginger strips
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute beef with onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add sugar and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chayote. Continue to stir fry until chayote is half cooked.
- Add the Chinese cabbage.
- Pour 400 ml water and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until chayote is fully cooked. You'll know it if it becomes translucent.
- Serve hot!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.