Teeth and MouthBody

Switch to Xylitol Gum For Dental Health

If you like to chew gum but dislike the idea of killing your teeth, switch to xylitol gum! A package can be had for a couple of dollars. It comes in many flavours, and certain studies indicate that, by allowing neutral pH levels to remain in the mouth, it helps maintain dental health. As well, xylitol helps prevent bacteria from sticking to teeth.

I have always enjoyed gum, mainly as a mouth freshener now and again, but when I discovered that this product can actually help maintain tooth freshness, I was hooked. Xylitol gum also tastes way fresher than sugary gum, and less artificial than other fake sweeteners.

Never ever ever ever, of course, replace flossing, brushing and regular dental visits with this! All I'm saying is, if you want to chew gum that happens to be beneficial to your dental health, xylitol is the way to go.

Source: http://xylitol.org/xylitol-uses/dental-benefits-of-xylitol/

Bad idea if you have pets. Xylitol gum, or anything that contains Xylitol, is a deadly poison for dog's. My daughter's children lost a good pet dog because he ate some gum that had Xylitol for the sweetener. Xylitol should be outlawed.

Yeah, I just want to agree with the Xylitol warning. It is deadly for dogs especially. I don't think it should be outlawed but don't keep it where dogs could possibly get at it and never just "spit out" Xylitol gum.

Always secure the used gum.

i didn't know. I had no way of knowing. That definitely merits a black box label. Thanks for the info.