Tapioca Pudding Recipes

Category Pudding
Tapioca Pudding with Fruit.
A tasty, creamy dessert to top off a meal is pudding. This page contains tapioca pudding recipes.

Ingredients

• 1 small box cook-type vanilla pudding
  • 1 small box cook-type vanilla tapioca pudding
  • 1 small box cook-type orange pudding
  • 2 cups whipped topping
  • 1 can mandarin oranges or crushed pineapple

Directions

Take the juice of the mandarins or pineapple and add water until you have 3 cups. Add the puddings and cook until thick. Cool. Add whipped topping and mandarins or pineapple.

By Robin from Washington, IA

This is a guide about chocolate tapioca pudding. For chocolate lovers, you can easily turn plain tapioca pudding into a chocolate delight.

Chocolate pudding with tapioca and nut topping in a white heart shaped dish

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Pudding

• 6 cups water
  • 1 1/2 cups tapioca
  • salt
Bring 6 cups water to a boil, add 1 1/2 cups medium tapioca. Cook until not quite clear, add pinch of salt.

Sauce

In saucepan add:
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
Beat:
  • egg yolks
  • water

Beat 4 egg yolks with 1/2 cup water and carefully add to rest of sauce. Bring to full boil, stirring constantly.

Add:

• 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. maple flavoring

Add 1/4 tsp. baking soda, remove from heat. Stir in 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 tsp. maple flavoring

Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and carefully fold in a large container of Cool Whip.

By Margie from Mount Vernon, Ohio

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup tapioca
  • 4 1/2 cups milk, divided
  • 1 cup white sugar, divided
  • pinch salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla or desired flavoring
  • 1 can crushed pineapple

Directions

Soak tapioca in 1 cup milk for 1 hour or more. Bring 3 1/2 cups milk to a boil. Stir in the soaked tapioca and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring often. Add 1/2 cup sugar and salt. Beat egg until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup sugar and add to hot mixture. Blend well and add vanilla or desired flavoring. Chill and add pineapple.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 9 cups water
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 cups baby pearl tapioca
  • 1 cup strawberry Jello (All jello not large packages)
  • 1/3 cup raspberry Jello
  • 1/2 gal. vanilla ice cream
  • 1 1/2 pt. strawberries

Directions

Bring water and salt to a boil and add tapioca. Turn off heat and let set for 35 minutes. Bring to a boil again and add strawberry Jello and raspberry Jello. Take off heat and cool. When mixture is cold add ice cream and strawberries. It is best not to mix ice cream and strawberries until you are ready to serve this. Very good and refreshing!

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 6 cups boiling water
  • 1 cup baby pearl tapioca
  • 1 package un-flavored gelatin
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • dash salt
  • 1 cup whipped cream
  • Ad

• fruit, if desired

Directions

Bring water to a boil. Add tapioca, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the balls are clear. Remove from heat and add gelatin and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Place in refrigerator overnight. Fold in whipped cream and fruit, if used. Serves 12 to 15.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Requesting a tapioca pudding recipe. I do as the instructions tell me to do, but it just doesn't come out like my mother's. Does anyone have any tricks up their sleeves I can use? I will appreciate greatly any info.

Thanks,
Joan from CT

sorry---not one of us can comeup with a food that will taste like our MOM'S-i am 70 yrs OLD and i still cannot bake an apple pie like my M other did.

Using the recipe on the box, I have had great success. I often add a bit of nutmeg and/or cinnamon (just a touch!). Be sure to let the mixture stand the full 5 min. before cooking--and be sure and stir constantly. I also usually make double recipe. I have used this to layer with pie filling, such as cherry, for bring-a-dish suppers. Another use is in a trifle instead of vanilla or chocolate pudding. In case your box doesn't have the same recipe as mine, it is: 1/3 cup sugar, 3 tbls. minute tapioca, 2-3/4 cups milk, 1 egg slightly beaten, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Hope this works for you.

My mother would always put a dab of cherry on her tapioca and I figured out that jarred cherries taste differently now than they did way back when.

If you use Minute Tapioca, there is a recipe on the side of most boxes called "Fluffy Tapioca" which calls for folding the stiffly beaten egg white(s)with part of the total sugar into the hot pudding immediately after removing from the heat. The mixture can be tested for proper temperature if salmonella is a consideration -- I usually find the heat enough to cook the beaten whites. The flavor of added vanilla may also be an important factor in the final taste. (I also make my own vanilla by soaking a cut bean in brandy and storing in a dark jar for a few weeks before using.) Adults who have requested the recipe say it is even better than what they remembered as a child!

I always follow the recipe on the box but I do add 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract in addition to the vanilla extract.

Mix in a handful of mini marshmallows toward the end of the cooking time. They should melt most of the way and will make the tapioca fluffy and sweet. (Only fot those with real 'sweet-toothes')

I use the minute tapioca, and let the milk, sugar, egg, and tapioca soak/stand for 30-60 minutes (instead of the 5 minutes specified on the box). It comes out thicker and almost fluffy. Using whole milk instead of lower fat makes it taste like Mom's.

Is there a substitute for vanilla extract when making tapioca pudding?

By BKW123 from USA

I love almond extract; but you only need half the quantity of almond extr. (For example, if the recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of vanilla, use only a half teaspoon of almond.)

Actually any other flavouring you like can be subsituted for vanilla but as Jilson says you may want to add less. Just off the top of my head, orange,rum, cherry, strawberry. Actually, you might even leave out flavouring all together, but I have the feeling it might not taste like much at all. No reason also that you could not use spices like cinnamon instead if it is a case of not having any flavouring on hand.