Siomai is a steamed dumpling containing meat, jicama, carrots, and seasonings. They are simple to make and can easily have their contents changed to your liking.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Siomai is popular among Asian countries, but their styles or ingredients vary from country to country. Thai people love spicy food as much as others.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 50 pcs
- 100 grams Jicama
- 300 grams ground lean meat (pork, chicken, or beef)
- 50 pcs Wanton wrappers
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large carrot
- 10 cloves of garlic (it's the factor that could make it Thai style)
- 3 pinches ground pepper
- 3 pinches salt
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- Mince the carrots, jicama and garlic.
- In a large bowl, mix the ingredients together until thickened as shown in the picture.
- Wrap it using a teaspoon to measure or to exact the right amount of the mixture in the wrapper.
- Steam until cooked.
- Serve with garlic chili soy sauce.