social

Thread Is Wrapped Around Bobbin Casing?

The thread is wrapped around the bobbin casing and I can't get it out. What do you suggest I do? The tension is too tight. I have no manual to reference.

Advertisement

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
October 18, 20190 found this helpful

Use a small embroidery scissors and cut it. Take out with a tweezers.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
October 19, 20190 found this helpful

This may be hard to do but a small razor can easily cut the thread so that it can be removed from the bobbin area. You will need to make sure you clean this out really good and get all of it out of there.

Advertisement

There are many times that it will wrap around the post making it hard to get the bobbin out of the machine. Try using a craft kife with a sharp point on it to get in there and cut the thread.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks
October 20, 20190 found this helpful

Are you talking about the casing in the machine or the casing you remove and pop the bobbin into?

For the latter, you can do this carefully with a tiny scissors or seam ripper.

For the one in the machine, make sure the machine is unplugged then you can try to use a seam ripper to carefully cut threads (there usually is not enough space to use the scissors).

Advertisement

You don't mention which machine you have. There are many, many, many good YouTube videos on how to handle bobbin issues so if you are still having trouble, maybe you can find a good video.

Also, there are still a few free resources for sewing machine manuals. If you post the make and model, maybe I can help you find yours.

To prevent this from happening, I have found to not use older threads (I am a thread hoarder and if I use some of my vintage threads it really messes up the machine). Also check if your casing has a screw tension corrector that it is not too tight or too lose, as that can cause the issue also. For the casing in the machine, sometimes it gets messed up when the machine tension is too tight. You may need to play with the tensions to get this to stop happening.

Advertisement

Hope it all works out!

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Categories
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesOctober 18, 2019
Pages
More
🍂
Thanksgiving Ideas!
🎃
Halloween Ideas!
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Instagram
Contests!
Newsletters
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Categories
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-10-25 11:34:44 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Thread-Is-Wrapped-Around-Bobbin-Casing.html