Unclogging Cat Litter from a Toilet

I made the mistake of throwing a large clump of clumping kitty litter down the toilet. Here are some tricks I used to unclog it:

• Remove any toilet paper, etc. from the clogged toilet.

• For overnight (or after 4 hours), combine 2 cups of white vinegar and 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a glass cup and pour that into the clogged toilet.

• The next morning, take 3 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid (I used Dawn) and pour that into the toilet. Immediately pour 3 cups of hot water into the toilet and let that sit for an hour and a half.

• After it has sat, try to flush. Stop the flush if it seems like the toilet water is going to overflow. Then pour 8 to 10 teapots full of boiling hot water into the toilet. Pour boiling water into the clogged toilet, with back to back pours, waiting about 1 minute and 1/2 in between pours.

My teapot holds 9 cups of water. The clog should clear up after pouring in the boiling hot water.