Using Freezer Paper to Prevent Ice on Windshield?

Has anyone tried using freezer paper on a windshield to prevent ice from sticking to it?

If it held in place by the windshield wipers or special magnets it should work. I have not tried it myself, as I have a garage to park in.

I don't recommend using it for a couple reasons. It is flimsy and when it gets wet it shreds so you will have a mess when you try to peel it off. Also, there is a possibility it will leave hairline scratches on your windshield as it is still paper and has fibers.

My hubby uses a spray deicer on his and he loves it. I find it bad for the air (it is aerosol) and expensive, so he and i agree to disagree on that one. I am old fashioned and scrape, although I am noticing this year how very painful it is for my hands so I may have to break down and try something.

I found two recipes I want to try...one with vinegar and one with rubbing alcohol...which are both pretty inexpensive. I have not tried them yet (despite the fact that since Nov we have had several ice storms and my car windows became lovely ice sculptures--UGH).

They are listed on this website:

www.wisebread.com/3-cheap-and-easy-formulas-for-homemade...

PS, avoid using things like those tarps, old sheets, and especially cardboard to help keep the ice off. They create a bit of chaos if you have a heavy wet snow (they become like lead trying to remove them). The sheets freeze to the window and the cardboard scratches.

I am so not fan of winter. Having a garage would be such a blessing, but is not in the cards for us.

I tried it once and it didn't really work. It just sort of peeled and then stuck weirdly.

It was easier to just get in the car 15 minutes before leaving and blast the heat

Consumer Advice Cars Winter DrivingDecember 6, 2018
📓
😷
🐛
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Freezer-Paper-to-Prevent-Ice-on-Windshield.html