Using Internet Bidding Sites to Shop

I understand how eBay works, but how do sites such as Bidz.com work? I don't quite understand. If someone could explain in simple language, it would be nice. Thanks.

By megc

It has been a while since I have looked at Bidz but if I remember right you have to purchase "bids" for lack of a better term. Each "bid" allows you to make a bid on an item no matter how much you are putting in as a bid.

For example, an item is at $10 and you want to bid on it. You have to use your purchased "bid" to say you want the item for $20. If someone bids over you then you have to use another "bid" to increase your bid. If you had made your first bid more than $10 (say $20) then you wouldn't be using another "bid".

And if I remember right you buy the "bids" in blocks. I think you can even bid on "bids".

Needles to say I thought it was confusing and expensive. No telling how much you end up spending on "bids" that you waste to get an item.

But again... to be clear... I haven't been on the site for many months. Maybe even for over a year.

Here is some very simple language. Don't bother with any sites that make you buy bids. It is a huge waste of time and money and you'll never win.

I agree with momma30. These sites that make you buy bids to bid are ripoffs. Avoid them at all cost!