Using a Linoleum Knife for Weed Removal

A linoleum knife makes a great weeding tool. The sharp hooked end will cut through almost any weed, just below the soil.

It is also perfect for removing grass. You can clear a fairly large area of grass in a short amount of time. We created this planting bed with just a linoleum knife. :)

We had 10 inches of rain in the month of June and the grass almost took over our garden. We were finally able to get the middles cleaned out with the tractor but that didn't help much with the grass growing around the plants.

I took your advice and tried pulling grass with a knife today. I didn't have a linoleum knife so I tried a sharp pointed knife. It worked much better than my garden tool for pulling that tough deep rooted grass. I stuck the knife in the ground around the root and then I was able to give the grass a tug and pull it up without disturbing the roots of the plants.

I'm giving you a thumbs up for this idea. Thank you.

That is a great idea....I will hunt for one of those knives. Thanks!

Home and Garden Gardening WeedsJuly 25, 2013
🎄
🎉