Value of Buffet Table With Mirror?

A small buffet table with a mirror.Hello, I would like to know how much this buffet table with mirror is worth it. Wood, over 100 years old, in a very good condition. It has been with me for over 30 years. Thanks for your help.

The open front doors of the buffet table, exposing the drawers inside.

The open sides of the buffet table, exposing the shelves.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

If this is over 100 years old, it is an antique. Look for identifying markings inside, underneath and in the back. If no one here knows, take the pictures to a dealer.

Thank you! Yes it is over 100 years old.
I will follow your advice.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks

Your piece is gorgeous. Are you working with the other person who has been posting amazing art deco piece to the site??? If so, you must have found a pretty sweet honey hole of amazing furniture! Art Deco is awesome and is just starting to come back in style--since mid century modern (MCM) is waning.

You have an art deco piece sideboard. Do you have the bill of lading to show it is from 1920 or before? Deco really started hitting the market in the 1920s and pieces like these were all the rage in the 1930s-1940s.

It looks like oak (but that is very hard to tell from a photo). It also looks to be in nice shape.

In some markets you could fetch up to $1000 for it. Furniture values are regional so it is important to shop it around to experts in your town to tell you what it is worth in your area. It could be as low as $25 (rural areas with large supply and low demand)...but in most places it will be mid range $300-500 and in a big city with a high demand for pieces that are this size and of this function, as much as $1000 in the right hands.

It is just lovely!! Post back how your sale goes!

As as a PS, when looking for comparables, you can search by art deco sideboard +ball and trestle base. That is one of the ways it is referenced.

The picture is not clear to me, but if the mirror is beveled, you can add that word to your search.

Thanks a lot for your advice, I'm pretty sure that the mirror is beveled. I'm not sure is it is oak but I know that it is a very good wood, I had them in my dinning room always but unfortunately for the past 10 years they have been in a garage.
My ex husband bought it more than 30 years ago.
Thanks again for your help!

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Antique FurnitureJuly 19, 2021
😎
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Buffet-Table-With-Mirror.html