Value of a Capehart Radio/Record Player

We think it's from the 1950s and we discovered it in my aunt's basement when we were cleaning it out.

I found what looks like an exact match for yours that sold for $40 on offer up in Tacoma Washington 3 years ago:

So the value hasn't changed much on these so that is probably what it is worth in Tacoma (and most other places) today.

offerup.com/.../

Now if you are in a place where the demand is high, you may fetch more for yours. I would start asking more, and take best offer.

Trying to sell it online will be a nightmare, so find a reliable vintage shop to take it on consignment or you could try Facebook marketplace if you don't mind people coming to your house. SAFETY FIRST WITH THIS ONE!

Something to think about, is sometimes these pieces do better selling when disassembled where you sell off all the parts vs. the whole.

Sometimes the turntable arm or motor will fetch more than $40 on its on. It would have to work in order for this to sell.

Post back what you decide! Neat find!!!

Thank you for taking the time to help me come up with a price. We live in Portland Oregon so not too far from Tacoma.
Sounds like it may be around $40. Ive already been selling things on Facebook marketplace so Ill just add It.
When I sell it Ill let you know how much it went for. Thank you again!

Looking forward to getting the new market value!! Start a little higher and then take best offer!! Best wishes for a great sale!

A similar one by the Emerson company sold for $40 on eBay

Hi,

I agree with the $40.00 price and I have seen several of these going for that price. You could, however, add some records with this, and possibly get a higher price.

Blessings,

---Robyn

In nice working condition, this type combo is bringing more money in my area (Florida) so don't price it too low.
Of course, the biggest criteria is - does everything work and what about the sound?

The tubes alone may be worth almost that much and some working parts can be sold on eBay (since that reaches a much larger audience).
Since you are already placing things up for sale I feel sure you know that it is always best to start higher and lower it if no one shows an interest.
If this is working, I would definitely start it at $100 and lower it in increments.

The link that Pghgirl shows may not be exactly like yours (the record player drawer looks larger?) but probably just another year model. Their description states there are problems with theirs and it is not in good working order so that may also have lowered the value.