Value of a Porcelain Doll

I am wondering who made my doll and how much she worth?

They have a forum on www.dollreference.com. If no one here can answer the question, they have very knowledgeable people on there.

There are thousands of similar dolls so without more information, we will probably not be able to help you with even identifying your doll.

It appears to be numbers on her back but I cannot read them and would probably not help ID her but might help a doll expert.

You can post your question to the site and they may be able to help you. You will to spell out any markings on her back - even numbers as they will not show up in a picture. You will also need to relate her size and composition as best you can. It is also best to relate anything you may know about her age as that will help in giving her a name and maker.

www.tapatalk.com/.../

It is possible that Pghgirl will know something about your doll as she has had a lot of dolls and has quite a bit of knowledge about dolls in general.

Your doll is cute! I tried on both my computer and pad, but can't get the markings to be readable. If you can offer those it may help. Are there any other markings on the butt, feet, or in the clothing?

The jumper is a common outfit from the 1950s-80s, so I am guestimating she is from that huge span. This is assuming they are original not replacement clothes. She looks on the small side which tends to make me lean to the 50-60s...the 70s-now dolls are bigger in size more geared to display than play. She appears to be more in the play size...esp since her outfit is simple.

All that said, there are so many dolls that without a maker it is hard to give an exact value.

If you are looking for a quick sale, you can let her on eBay with a description title and start at a very low price and see how it plays out in a 7 day auction. If you wanted to try it first with a reserve, you set a reserve at a high value and if the bids don't get there you are only out the reserve fees.

If you can share the numbers I may be able to tell you more. Thanks for sharing!

🌻
🎂
🎃