Value of a Scott's 5m9 Silent Reel Mower

What's the value of a Scott's 5m9 silent mower?

Someone was asking $50 on eBay.

When I try to value items, I only look at sold auctions (usually on Ebay) or if I am in person at a flea, I ask people what they paid for something (if they clearly bought it that day). People usually love to talk about their purchases. On Ebay it is a matter of looking to the left of your screen and selecting the SOLD button after you type in what you are looking for.

The trouble with value it is only good if someone actually is willing to PAY that amount.

There are several similar items on eBay, UNSOLD with asking prices of between 50 and 98 dollars. So, if at the moment people aren't willing to pay 50, then the "value" is somewhere between 0 and 50.

If you are trying to sell it, you could use one of the websites like Craig's list, Facebook market place, the Pennsysaver and see what others in your area are asking for the item. If you really want to unload yours, then you may want to ask 10% less than the asking price lowest price.

If you are asking to insure it, check with your insurance agent. I know someone on this site said they don't know an agent that helps value things...so maybe yours can't help, but my guy is amazing and is always helpful in guiding me on "value" of something for replacement.

I hope this helps a little!