Value of a Teak Table?

This teak dining table was passed down to me. It's extendable and has two very cool carved legs. I'm wondering what the value might be and any information about it, whether it is original harvest teak or reclaimed, etc.

I am sure it has value. Your best bet is to see a dealer.

Without marking or some way to identify the table it is hard for us to determine the price or if the wood is original harvest teak or not. You should really have a dealer look at this table. They know a lot more about it in person that we can determine from a photo.

Hi and thanks for sharing. The Universal Furniture Ltd was founded in 1986 www.bloomberg.com/.../UFURF:US which makes your piece probably one of their earlier pieces based on logos then and now.

They were a lower end furniture company for average income folks.

I never educated myself much on teak and the controversies except to know there were some out there and it was banned from being harvested in some places because of poor conditions for the towns they harvested, so I can make no comments on the type of teak you have here.

I would want a wood expert to verify that it is a real teak wood and not a veneer. The reason I ask is that since the company produced lower end furniture when new, I can't image them using a high end wood for the piece...but they could have had a high end line and I am not familiar with it in my studies.

I have seen this brand dining tables of a variety of styles, shapes and sizes sell in the resell world (SOLD prices) between $25 and $100 depending on location. They fetch a little more if they have the chairs.

Furniture values are very regional and supply and demand. If you are in a high demand, low supply area, you may fetch more. Or, low demand, high supply, maybe less.

With big pieces I always suggest having a reputable furniture reseller (consignment store or "antique" dealer) sell for you.

This way you get the piece out of your house, and the store worries about getting it delivered to its new home and you get the check after the sale.

Post back how your sale goes! Thanks again for sharing!

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureOctober 24, 2019
🎄
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-a-Teak-Table-1.html