Vintage FurnitureFurniture

Value of a Vintage Bassett Mirror

I have inherited this mirror and have done as much research as possible. Is there any value to it? The frame is plastic, but I believe that it was produced in the 1940s or 50s. It is in great condition also.

Etsy has similar ones in the $200 range.

Thank you I actually guessed that lol but, I so appreciate your answer to confirm.

My understanding and memory of Bassett products is that they used the plastics mostly in the 1960s, so unless my memory is wrong (it happens a lot so that is possible) or they started using it before then and I just always knew about the later pieces), I am thinking your mirror may be from that era.

Do you have any paperwork like a bill of sale on it to show it was older? Or do you remember it being around in the 40s-50s? That would confirm the age.

Either way, where I am (this is the caveat) in Pittsburgh, the plastic frame Bassett's while lovely, did not hold their value and sell for less than $75, sometimes as low as $25. Now, if you are in a place where there is a high demand for Victorian pieces that are not wood, you may fetch a little more.

I was looking to show you some examples of sold ones (which is the only way to show value--finding and exact Apples to Apples one that sold--and I am not finding any at the moment that can confirm today's ACTUAL value, so my caveat is that generally this is what these fetch in Pittsburgh on any given day.

Nationally even, I can't find an exact match that sold which is surprising.

There are a ton of variables with mirrors also...like if there is even a single spot that needs resilvered, it drastically drops the price. If there is any discoloration to the frame, the same. If it is beveled mirror glass it ups the price a tad. Yours looks to be in very nice shape, but not beveled.

Thanks for sharing it!! These are neat pieces and people that love them LOVE them so I hope you find someone who loves it and MUST HAVE it for their special space!