Washer Will Not Spin

My washer is washing, but will not spin. I got new motor couplers, but it is still not working.

By Lisa

Best Answer

This sounds like there may be a belt broken. You can purchase a new belt from either the manufacturer or even sometimes local repair and parts places have them in stock. They are fairly easy to replace yourself.

You can contact the manufacturer-most companies have assistance for owners. You do not state the manufacturer's name, however, you can search online for the website. The big question in major appliances is whether to repair or buy new. This article, from the very helpful "how stuff works" site, can help you decide:

http://home.how  hing-machine.htm

My machine had one small part that wore out that controlled the spinning. For all those people who say it is a worn out belt, my Kenmore machine did not have any belts. I called a local repair man who replaced the part, had special little tools he had made for just this job, and was in and out in less than half an hour. When the part broke down a few months later, he fixed it again, for no cost as he said it should have lasted for years. It has been a few years, and the machine is still working just fine. My machine is 14 years old, and the repair was done about 4 years ago. I consider the money I paid to the repair person to be very well spent.